The great thing about this dish... you can eat it hot or cold depending on the season you're in! You know I'm all about honoring our seasons, so this can be enjoyed cold on hotter days, and warmed on cooler days.
RECIPE (serves two);
1 cup cooked Orzo pasta (follow directions on package to cook)
2 small baked Chicken Breasts sliced (season with a Mediterranean spice, bake in oven at 350F for 30 mins)
1 small Red Onion, diced
4 Sun Dried Tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1 cup baby Spinach
1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a shaker cup, shake up olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It will probably separate so don't worry.
2. In a big bowl, mix together cooked orzo, cooked and sliced chicken breast, diced raw red onion, sliced sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and baby spinach.
3. Toss the above ingredients together until well mixed.
4. Shake up the olive oil and vinegar mix and then immediately drizzle over the salad.
5. Season with salt and pepper and toss everything together. Taste before adding too much salt.
6. Eat right away or chill and eat later. Can also be microwaved.
This is a complete meal with a balanced portion of protein, carbs, and fats. It is beautiful and colorful from the various vegetables.
Your food should make you feel good!